The 5th Workshop on Cyber Threat Intelligence and Hunting
The Workshop on Cyber Threat Intelligence and Hunting is organized by the Digital Security Group of the University of Oslo in conjunction with the 2022 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2022). The workshop will take place in Osaka, Japan, from December 17 to 20, 2022.
Submission deadline: October 1, 2022 Notifications due: November 1, 2022 Camera-ready of accepted papers deadline: November 15, 2022 Conference and workshops: Dec 17-20, 2022
The workshop on Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and Hunting provides a forum where experts from academia, industry and government can present and publish research that advances the domain of CTI and other related domains that rely on and make use of CTI.
The workshop welcomes research in the following areas.
- CTI sharing and machine-readable formats
- Data sources, collection, and processing
- Intelligence analysis
- Intelligence-driven incident response
- Intelligence-driven red teaming
- Intelligence-driven Threat Hunting
- Intelligence (knowledge) representation, management, and dissemination (symbolic AI/ontologies/templating approaches)
- Legal, privacy, and ethical factors
- Machine Learning (ML) for CTI
- Open-source tools
- Political (cyber politics) and geopolitical aspects, and decision making
- Security automation
- Visualisation techniques for CTI
The workshop invites full-length paper submissions that report ongoing or finished research (up to 10 pages), or short papers of early stage work (up to 6 pages).
Papers should be formatted to IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscript Formatting Guidelines using Letter page format (8.5” x 11”).
All accepted papers will be included in the IEEE Big Data 2022 Conference Proceedings and forwarded for inclusion in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and present the paper in order to include the paper in the proceedings.
For inquiries contact: Andre Büttner (andrbut[@]ifi.uio.no) and Mateusz Zych (mateusdz[@]ifi.uio.no).